Monday, November 10, 2008

What the Christmas?!

Does anyone else hate how retailers are pushing Christmas on us so early? Christmas merchandise was out before Halloween was even over! It's soooo cheating. At the earliest Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving.

The worst part is that it's so tempting to jump right in the festivities. On one side, as my mom pointed out, the Christmas season rushes by so should we embrace this early Christmas? On the other hand what makes it special is that its only once a year. It already gets a whole month, which is more than any other event in life. Birthdays, weddings, other holidays. When will we draw the line for starting Christmas?!?!?!!!

I have to admit that while cleaning on Sunday I did put on The Nutcracker CD. See what I mean about temptation? Although in my defense after the first couple of songs it's less Christmassy. I still felt like a cheater though.

What are everyone's plans for the holidays? Jake and I will have Thanksgiving at our house. His parents and sister and nephew will come down. We'll have dinner with my immediate family and his....I'm hopin that all works out. It won't be bad, maybe just awkward. Wish me luck.

For Christmas we'll go to the Pavlica's for St. Nicholas Day. Then we'll head up to Michigan on the 17th for Ryan Straight's wedding and Christmas with Jake's family. We'll head back to Cleveland on Christmas Eve. I love getting to see everyone for the Holidays, but I hate all the travel. Let's all just move south!

2 comments:

jj said...

Bell-Ringing started Saturday, lol, so yeah I understand how Christmas always seems rushed. When it comes to the music, I could listen to Sufjan's stuff year-round.

I'm debating on what to do Thanksgiving week. I pretty much have a whole week break since I'm only part-time and the days off are the days I work.

Christmas is gonna be less free, though, since I'll work that Saturday.

Wendy Min said...

Oh nuts! You leave Michigan just about the time we'll be up there!

I hear ya on "What the Christmas!" :) I can hardly watch TV because of the Christmas ads and the other day Cameron and I were shopping and there was Christmas music..."I saw mama kissing Santa Clause" (I thought...if I worked here I'd go crazy by Christmas"

On the other hand...I saw Christmas stuff for sale and I wanted to buy some...this will be my first Christmas away from the house!